If you’re in search of effective ways to certainly improve your Orem rental property, simply upgrading your lighting is a nice place to start. Installing new lighting can make your rental look more beautiful to potential tenants, increase the value of your property, and can be useful to you to keep your rates competitive. This blog post will speak of several lights you will have to install in your rental property and why they are indeed important. We’ll also share with you tips on choosing the right light fixtures for your needs.
Types of Lighting
In the matter of lighting your rental property, you should install three essential types: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
Ambient Lighting. Ambient lighting is light that fills a room with total illumination. This kind of light is great for making a space feel comfortable and beautiful. It’s, on top of everything else, relevant to safety in order to help avoid trips and falls. You can use ambient lighting in your rental property by placing ceiling lights, wall sconces, or floor lamps.
Task Lighting. Task lighting is developed to cast light on specific room areas where people work. This style of light is needed for inducing a well-lit workspace and reducing eye strain. You can properly set up task lighting in your rental property by adding desk lamps, pendant lights, or track lighting.
Accent Lighting. Accent lighting is put in place to highlight specific features of a room or to induce a particular disposition or mood. This kind of light can accentuate architectural features, artwork, or furniture. You can take advantage of accent lighting in your rental property by adding recessed lights, track lighting, or wall sconces.
Choosing the Right Lighting Fixtures
When selecting lighting fixtures for your rental property, it’s pertinent to get fixtures that are durable and worry-free to keep clean. This can make light fixtures last longer and make maintenance so much better over the long run. Additional factors you should also consider include:
- The size of the room: Just make sure to use fixtures that are proportional to the size of the room.
- The style of the property: Select fixtures that complement the style of your property.
- The wattage of the bulbs: Determine to choose bulbs with the appropriate wattage for each fixture.
- The color temperature of the light: Choose a light bulb with a comfortable color temperature for tenants.
- The price: Choose fixtures that fit your budget.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Light Fixtures
Upgrading your light fixtures can have great returns for property owners, including:
- Increased property value: Incorporating new lighting can improve the appearance and value of your rental property.
- Attracting more tenants: It’s a matter of fact that new lighting can make your rental property more exquisite and attractive to potential tenants.
- Keeping rates competitive: Improving and upgrading your lighting can be useful to you to keep your rental rates competitive.
Putting together new lighting in your rental property can be the best thing to successfully improve the look and feel of your space. It can, moreover, help increase the value of your property and attract more tenants. By following the useful tips in this blog post, you can instantly choose the applicable fixtures for your needs.
Still, upgrading your rental property raises several rather important questions. If you would like some expert advice on upgrades that will extend you the biggest return for every dollar you spend, contact one of our professional Orem property managers. You can call at 801-224-0033 or contact us online.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.