Interesting Facts & Statistics
- Salt Lake City covers a total area of 110.4 square miles, with 109.1 square miles covered in land, and 1.5 square miles covered in water.
- The elevation of Salt Lake City is 4,226 ft.
- Salt Lake City consists of 75.1% Whites, 2.7% African Americans, 17% Hispanics or Latinos, and 5.2% other races
- Major corporations headquartered in Salt Lake City Include Huntsman Corporation, Zions Bancorporation, United Potato Growers of America, and other notable companies.
- Utah County has 3 school districts and 2 higher education institutions.
- Salt Lake City is nicknamed “The Crossroads of the West”.
Events and Attractions in Salt Lake City
- Annual Salt Lake Jazz Festival
- Gay Pride Festival
- Utah Symphony
- Hogle Zoo
- This is the Place Heritage Park
- Home of the Utah Jazz (NBA Basketball)
- Pioneer Theatre Company
- Twilight Concert Series
- Gallivan Events
- Children’s Theater of Salt Lake
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center
- Finch Lane Gallery at the Art Barn
Salt Lake City Community Statistics
- Salt Lake City has a population of 1,095,103, with 359,860 households
- 48.1% of residents in Salt Lake City are childless, whereas 51.9% have children that are 18 and under
- There are 30.1% renters in Salt Lake City, compared to 69.9% of those who own their homes.
- Rental vacancy rates in Salt Lake City are 5%
- The median age is 30.7 years old
- Median household income is $58,885 in Salt Lake City, compared to $52,175 for all adult U.S. Residents
- Per capita income is $25,404 locally, compared to $27,466 for all adult U.S. Residents
- The median home value in Salt Lake City is $234,700
- 33.5% of all housing in Salt Lake City is valued at $300,000 or more
- 89% of Salt Lake City residents have a high school diploma, and 30% of residents have a 4 year college degree.
Salt Lake City Rental Statistics
- In 2012, the average monthly rent amount in Salt Lake City was $783 per month for a single family home, and $682 for a 1 bedroom apartment.
- Salt Lake City residents pay on average about 30% of their annual household income in rent.
- As of 2013, 30% of Salt Lake City residents were renters, compared to 36.98% of renters in the U.S.
- Owner average household size is 3.13 people, compared to 2.68 for renters
- The rent to price ratio in Salt Lake City is 0.3%.